This medicated cleanser contains an ultra pure glycolic acid available in potent 5% coupled with the proven, OTC drug acne fighting ingredient salicylic acid used at the maximum strength, 2% concentration. These work in synergy to accelerate the removal of dead skin cells that can interfere with the proper oil drainage of the skin while helping cleanse away impurities and unclog pores. Two strength options are available to suit patient-specific needs.
- Helps clear and prevent the number of acne blemishes, pimples (papules/pustules) and blackheads (comedones)
- Controls oil & reduces breakouts & clogged pores
- Exfoliates the surface of the skin & helps reduce pore size
- Excellent & affordable solution for adult, pediatric & adolescent patients
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) derived from cane sugar. Highly effective as it penetrates deep within the skin to promote exfoliation & smoother looking skin. Because healthy skin is naturally acidic (pH 4.5 - 5.5) the use of glycolic acid also helps restore this important pH balance.
- Gentle, yet effective OTC drug ingredient proven to combat breakouts, bacteria and reduce oil production. Unclogs pores and opens up plugged follicles.
- Natural astringent with soothing properties.
- Hydrate to help neutralize potential skin irritation.
- Wet affected area(s), apply a moderate amount of gel and work up a thin lather then rinse well avoiding contact with the eyes. Towel dry. Because excessive drying can occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by your health care provider. If bothersome dryness occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- Sun protection is an absolute mustas glycolic acid causes your skin to become photosensitive. It will burn and discolor much easier than usual, so it is imperative to use sun block and/or sun protective clothing on the treated area(s) daily so that you don’t undo your results by damaging your skin. We recommend to use a high SPF, pure physician sun protection, such as Steppie MD Infinity UV Defense SPF 50+ spray &/or tube, which are irritant-free formulas.
- 5% Glycolic Acid
- 2% Salicylic Acid USP*(pharmaceutical active acne medication ingredient)
- Witch Hazel
- Skin Conditioners & Natural Botanicals
INDICATIONS FOR USE
- Acneic skin
May also help with:
- Enlarged Pores
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Aging Skin
- Sun Damaged Skin